WiWo 1 uses the NRG #40H anemometer output as its input. The instrument can be customized to be compatible with other anemometers as well, such as Vector, Young and Thies ones.
It is a instrument which activates a 2-contact relay, in case wind speed surpasses a limit, which is user adjustable via 3 switches.
This is useful in order to open or close a control circuit, such as a photovoltaic panel tracker, which is affected by the high wind speed.
- Samples are taken in a 10-second time period and the average wind speed is calculated, which, if surpasses the limit, it activates the relay.
- The limit is defined by the user via the SW1, SW2, SW3 switches.
- The relay is deactivated if :
- 100 seconds pass and
- Average wind speed becomes lower than 80% of the activation limit.
- POWER SUPPLY: Voltage: 24VDC.
- RELAY DRIVING CIRCUIT
The maximum currents allowed through the relay are:
- dc: 2Α at 24V.
- ac: 0,5A at 220V.
- SIGNALING LEDS
- Green: ON, when the instrument has power supply
- Red: ON, when the relay is activated. OFF, when it is deactivated.